At Home in Mitford: A Novel (A Mitford Novel #1) (Paperback)
On Our Shelves Now
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the A Mitford Novel series.
- #2: A Light in the Window (A Mitford Novel #2) (Paperback): $17.00
- #3: These High, Green Hills (A Mitford Novel #3) (Paperback): $17.00
- #4: Out to Canaan (A Mitford Novel #4) (Paperback): $17.00
- #5: A New Song (A Mitford Novel #5) (Paperback): $17.00
- #6: A Common Life (A Mitford Novel #6) (Paperback): $17.00
- #7: In This Mountain (A Mitford Novel #7) (Paperback): $17.00
- #8: Shepherds Abiding (A Mitford Novel #8) (Paperback): $16.00
- #9: Light from Heaven (A Mitford Novel #9) (Paperback): $17.00
- #10: Home to Holly Springs (A Mitford Novel #10) (Paperback): $17.00
- #11: In the Company of Others (A Mitford Novel #11) (Paperback): $17.00
- #12: Somewhere Safe with Somebody Good: The New Mitford Novel (A Mitford Novel #12) (Paperback): $17.00
- #13: Come Rain or Come Shine (A Mitford Novel #13) (Paperback): $21.25
- #14: To Be Where You Are (A Mitford Novel #14) (Paperback): $17.00
For over 30 years my husband has witnessed my reading habits with little
comment. When I first read this little gem he observed"you finish one
book, put it down, pick up and start another, and never say a word...but
you have giggled through that whole book."
It is not smart or sophisticated or even very witty - it just makes you
chuckle! This is the first title in a much loved series we all thought
was finished. Good news - a new "Mitford Years" title Somewhere Safe
with Somebody Good arrives September 2nd. For those never exposed to
the to the gentle folk of Mitford and Father Tim - you're in for a
The first novel in #1 New York Times bestselling author Jan Karon’s beloved series set in America’s favorite small town: Mitford.
It's easy to feel at home in Mitford. In these high, green hills, the air is pure, the village is charming, and the people are generally lovable. Yet, Father Tim, the bachelor rector, wants something more. Enter a dog the size of a sofa who moves in and won't go away. Add an attractive neighbor who begins wearing a path through the hedge. Now, stir in a lovable but unloved boy, a mystifying jewel theft, and a secret that's sixty years old. Suddenly, Father Tim gets more than he bargained for. And readers get a rich comedy about ordinary people and their ordinary lives.
About the Author
Jan Karon is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of fourteen novels in the Mitford series, featuring Episcopal priest Father Tim Kavanagh. She has authored twelve other books, including Jan Karon's Mitford Cookbook and Kitchen Reader, and several titles for children. Jan lives in Virginia near the World Heritage site of Jefferson's Monticello.
Praise for the Mitford Novels
“Karon knits Mitford's small-town characters and multiple story lines into a cozy sweater of a book.”—USA Today
“Jan Karon reflects contemporary culture more fully than almost any other living novelist.”—Los Angeles Times
“Welcome home, Mitford fans...to Karon's gift for illuminating the struggles that creep into everyday lives—along with a vividly imagined world.”—People
“Karon offers her readers another chance to escape their own world, if just for a while, and live in the town that ‘takes care of its own.’ Her readers say they wish Mitford existed so they could move there.”—Richmond Times-Dispatch