Dune: Deluxe Edition (Hardcover)
On Our Shelves Now
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Dune series.
- #2: Dune Messiah: Deluxe Edition (Hardcover): $50.00
- #3: Children of Dune: Deluxe Edition (Hardcover): $50.00
- #4: God Emperor of Dune (Paperback): $18.00
- #5: Heretics of Dune (Paperback): $18.00
- #6: Chapterhouse: Dune (Paperback): $18.00
- #7: The Winds of Dune: Book Two of the Heroes of Dune (Mass Market): $13.99
- #8: Sisterhood of Dune: Book One of the Schools of Dune Trilogy (Mass Market): $11.99
- #9: Mentats of Dune: Book Two of the Schools of Dune Trilogy (Mass Market): $9.99
- #10: Navigators of Dune: Book Three of the Schools of Dune Trilogy (Mass Market): $9.99
- #11: Sands of Dune: Novellas from the Worlds of Dune (Hardcover): $25.99
Frank Herbert’s epic masterpiece—a triumph of the imagination and one of the bestselling science fiction novels of all time.
This deluxe hardcover edition of Dune includes:
· An iconic new cover
· A stamped and foiled case featuring a quote from the Litany Against Fear
· Stained edges and fully illustrated endpapers
· A beautifully designed poster on the interior of the jacket
· A redesigned world map of Dune
· An updated Introduction by Brian Herbert
Set on the desert planet Arrakis, Dune is the story of the boy Paul Atreides, heir to a noble family tasked with ruling an inhospitable world where the only thing of value is the “spice” melange, a drug capable of extending life and enhancing consciousness. Coveted across the known universe, melange is a prize worth killing for...
When House Atreides is betrayed, the destruction of Paul’s family will set the boy on a journey toward a destiny greater than he could ever have imagined. And as he evolves into the mysterious man known as Muad’Dib, he will bring to fruition humankind’s most ancient and unattainable dream.
A stunning blend of adventure and mysticism, environmentalism and politics, Dune won the first Nebula Award, shared the Hugo Award, and formed the basis of what is undoubtedly the grandest epic in science fiction.
• DUNE: PART TWO • THE MAJOR MOTION PICTURE COMING NOVEMBER 3rd, 2023
Directed by Denis Villeneuve, screenplay by Denis Villeneuve and Jon Spaihts, based on the novel Dune by Frank Herbert • Starring Timothée Chalamet, Zendaya, Rebecca Ferguson, Josh Brolin, Austin Butler, Florence Pugh, Dave Bautista, Christopher Walken, Stephen McKinley Henderson, Léa Seydoux, with Stellan Skarsgård, with Charlotte Rampling, and Javier Bardem
About the Author
Frank Herbert is the bestselling author of the Dune saga. He was born in Tacoma, Washington, and educated at the University of Washington, Seattle. He worked a wide variety of jobs—including TV cameraman, radio commentator, oyster diver, jungle survival instructor, lay analyst, creative writing teacher, reporter and editor of several West Coast newspapers—before becoming a full-time writer.
In 1952, Herbert began publishing science fiction with “Looking for Something?” in Startling Stories. But his emergence as a writer of major stature did not occur until 1965, with the publication of Dune. Dune Messiah, Children of Dune, God Emperor of Dune, Heretics of Dune, and Chapterhouse: Dune followed, completing the saga that the Chicago Tribune would call “one of the monuments of modern science fiction.” Herbert is also the author of some twenty other books, including The White Plague, The Dosadi Experiment, and Destination: Void. He died in 1986.
Praise for Dune
“I know nothing comparable to it except The Lord of the Rings.”—Arthur C. Clarke
“It is possible that Dune is even more relevant now than when it was first published.”—The New Yorker
“An astonishing science fiction phenomenon.”—The Washington Post
“One of the monuments of modern science fiction.”—Chicago Tribune
“Powerful, convincing, and most ingenious.”—Robert A. Heinlein
“Herbert’s creation of this universe, with its intricate development and analysis of ecology, religion, politics and philosophy, remains one of the supreme and seminal achievements in science fiction.”—Louisville Times