An Irish Country Doctor: A Novel (Irish Country Books #1) (Mass Market)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Irish Country Books series.
- #2: An Irish Country Village: A Novel (Irish Country Books #2) (Paperback): $19.99
- #3: An Irish Country Christmas: A Novel (Irish Country Books #3) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #4: An Irish Country Girl: A Novel (Irish Country Books #4) (Paperback): Email or call for price.
- #5: An Irish Country Courtship: A Novel (Irish Country Books #5) (Paperback): $19.99
- #6: A Dublin Student Doctor: An Irish Country Novel (Irish Country Books #6) (Paperback): $17.99
- #7: An Irish Country Wedding: A Novel (Irish Country Books #7) (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #8: Fingal O'Reilly, Irish Doctor: An Irish Country Novel (Irish Country Books #8) (Paperback): $17.99
- #9: An Irish Doctor in Peace and at War: An Irish Country Novel (Irish Country Books #9) (Paperback): $19.99
- #10: An Irish Doctor in Love and at Sea: An Irish Country Novel (Irish Country Books #10) (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #11: An Irish Country Love Story: A Novel (Irish Country Books #11) (Paperback): $17.99
- #12: An Irish Country Practice: An Irish Country Novel (Irish Country Books #12) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #13: An Irish Country Cottage: An Irish Country Novel (Irish Country Books #13) (Paperback): $17.99
- #14: An Irish Country Family: An Irish Country Novel (Irish Country Books #14) (Hardcover): $26.99
- #15: An Irish Country Welcome (Irish Country Books #15) (Hardcover): $26.99
If you read the Jan Karon Home in Mitford series, and are aching for another sweet series that takes you into the lives of people that you want to be friends with, An Irish Country Doctor is the series for you! A young, fresh out of medical school doctor, Barry, lands in a small village and begins working with a crusty old doctor that becomes his mentor and sometimes tormentor. The various characters who live in the village and that Barry gets to meet and treat are endearing and frustrating - which makes the book so charming and fun!— jill
An Irish Country Doctor from bestselling author Patick Taylor is a charming and engrossing tale that will captivate readers from the very first page—and leave them yearning to visit the Irish countryside of days gone by.
Barry Laverty, M.B., can barely find the Northern Ireland village of Ballybucklebo on a map when he first sets out to seek gainful employment there. But Barry jumps at the chance to secure a position as an assistant in a small rural practice.
At least until he meets Dr. Fingal Flahertie O'Reilly.
The older physician has his own way of doing things. At first, Barry can't decide if the pugnacious O'Reilly is the biggest charlatan he has ever met or the best teacher he could ever hope for. Through O'Reilly, Barry soon gets to know all of the village's colourful and endearing residents and a host of other eccentric characters who make every day an education for the inexperienced young doctor.
Ballybucklebo is a long way from Belfast, and Barry is quick to discover that he still has a lot to learn about country life. But with pluck and compassion, and only the slightest touch of blarney, he will find out more about life—and love—than he ever imagined back in medical school.
About the Author
Patrick Taylor, M.D., is the author of the Irish Country books, including An Irish Country Doctor, An Irish Country Village, An Irish Country Christmas, An Irish Country Girl, and An Irish Country Courtship. Taylor was born and raised in Bangor, County Down, in Northern Ireland. After qualifying as a specialist in 1969, he worked in Canada for thirty-one years. He now lives on Saltspring Island, British Columbia.
“Taylor is a bang-up storyteller who captivates and entertains from the first word.” —Publishers Weekly
“Quietly, almost surreptitiously, Patrick Taylor has become probably the most popular Irish-Canadian writer of all time.” —The Globe and Mail on Patrick Taylor
“Taylor masterfully charts the small victories and defeats of Irish village life.” —Irish American magazine
“With an unerring eye for detail, the talents of a natural storyteller, and the ability to pepper his anecdotes with large doses of wit and humor, Patrick Taylor has written a delightful novel.” —Calgary Herald on An Irish Country Doctor