Cruelest Month (Ray Elkins Thriller) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
- #1: Summer People (Sheriff Ray Elkins Thriller #1) (Paperback): $17.95
- #2: Color Tour (Ray Elkins Thrillers #2) (Paperback): $17.95
- #3: Deer Season (Ray Elkins Thriller #3) (Paperback): $17.95
- #4: Shelf Ice (Ray Elkins Thriller #4) (Paperback): $17.95
- #5: Medieval Murders (Ray Elkins Thrillers #5) (Paperback): $17.95
- #7: Death in a Summer Colony (Ray Elkins Thrillers #7) (Paperback): $17.95
- #8: Murder in the Merlot (Ray Elkins Thrillers #8) (Paperback): $17.95
- #9: Gales of November: A Ray Elkins Thriller (Ray Elkins Thrillers #9) (Paperback): $17.95
- #10: The Center Cannot Hold (Ray Elkins Thrillers #10) (Paperback): $17.95
Winter is starting to loosen its grip on Cedar County along the shores of northern Lake Michigan. The first hints of green are becoming visible on the edges of the receding snowpack. On the inland lakes, the layers of ice that started forming in late November and December are slowly subsiding.
The search for morel mushrooms is still three or four weeks off, but this year there is other treasure to hunt. Vincent Fox, an octogenarian, has self-published a book, Al Capone's Michigan: The Secret Lost Treasure. Following the descriptions in the book, some of the locals are beginning to scour the beaches with shovels and metal detectors. When Fox suddenly goes missing, Sheriff Ray Elkins and Detective Sue Lawrence are confronted by a complex web of fact and ction to sort through, and along the way they discover new information to a decades old unsolved murder.