The Right Attitude to Rain (Isabel Dalhousie Series #3) (Paperback)
Email or call for price
Other Books in Series
This is book number 3 in the Isabel Dalhousie Series series.
- #1: The Sunday Philosophy Club (Isabel Dalhousie Series #1) (Paperback): $16.00
- #2: Friends, Lovers, Chocolate (Isabel Dalhousie Series #2) (Paperback): $16.00
- #4: The Careful Use of Compliments (Isabel Dalhousie Series #4) (Paperback): $18.75
- #5: The Comforts of a Muddy Saturday (Isabel Dalhousie Series #5) (Paperback): $15.95
- #6: The Lost Art of Gratitude (Isabel Dalhousie Series #6) (Paperback): $19.94
- #7: The Charming Quirks of Others (Isabel Dalhousie Series #7) (Paperback): $19.94
- #8: The Forgotten Affairs of Youth (Isabel Dalhousie Series #8) (Paperback): $20.00
- #9: The Uncommon Appeal of Clouds (Isabel Dalhousie Series #9) (Paperback): $18.69
- #10: The Novel Habits of Happiness (Isabel Dalhousie Series #10) (Paperback): $20.00
- #11: A Distant View of Everything: An Isabel Dalhousie Novel (11) (Isabel Dalhousie Series #11) (Hardcover): $32.44
- #12: The Quiet Side of Passion: An Isabel Dalhousie Novel (12) (Isabel Dalhousie Series #12) (Hardcover): $25.95
- #13: The Geometry of Holding Hands: An Isabel Dalhousie Novel (13) (Isabel Dalhousie Series #13) (Paperback): $16.00
- #14: The Sweet Remnants of Summer: An Isabel Dalhousie Novel (14) (Isabel Dalhousie Series #14) (Hardcover): $27.00
ISABEL DALHOUSIE - Book 3
Nothing captures the charm of Edinburgh like the bestselling Isabel Dalhousie series of novels featuring the insatiably curious philosopher and woman detective. Whether investigating a case or a problem of philosophy, the indefatigable Isabel Dalhousie, one of fiction’s most richly developed amateur detectives, is always ready to pursue the answers to all of life’s questions, large and small.
The delectable third installment in the bestselling and already beloved adventures of Isabel Dalhousie and her no-nonsense housekeeper, Grace.
When friends from Dallas arrive in Edinburgh and introduce Isabel to Tom Bruce – a bigwig at home in Texas – several confounding situations unfurl at once. Tom’s young fiancée’s roving eye leads Isabel to believe that money may be the root of her love for Tom. But what, Isabel wonders, is the root of the interest Tom begins to show for Isabel herself? And she can’t forget about her niece, Cat, who’s busy falling for a man whom Isabel suspects of being an incorrigible mama’s boy. Of course Grace and Isabel’s friend Jamie counsel Isabel to stay out of all of it, but there are irresistible philosophical issues at stake – when to tell the truth and when to keep one’s mouth shut, to be precise – and philosophical issues are meat and drink to Isabel Dalhousie, editor of the Review of Applied Ethics. In any case, she’s certain of the ethical basis for a little sleuthing now and again – especially when the problems involve matters of the heart.
About the Author
Alexander McCall Smith is the author of the international phenomenon The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency series, the Isabel Dalhousie Series, the Portuguese Irregular Verbs series, and the 44 Scotland Street series. He is professor emeritus of medical law at the University of Edinburgh in Scotland and has served on many national and international bodies concerned with bioethics. He was born in what is now known as Zimbabwe and he was a law professor at the University of Botswana. Visit his website at www.alexandermccallsmith.com.
“Enchanting. . . . Delicious mental comfort food. . . . The ‘intimate’ city of Edinburgh is an appealing character in its own right.”
—Los Angeles Times
“Genial. . . . Wise. . . . Glows like a rare jewel.”
“The literary equivalent of herbal tea and a cozy fire. . . . Invites readers into a world of kindness, gentility and creature comforts. . . . McCall Smith's Scotland is well worth future visits.”
—The New York Times
“At the heart of this deftly written novel is one of the most irresistible sleuths in modern fiction.”