Moon Best of Grand Canyon: Make the Most of One to Three Days in the Park (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Whether you're stopping for a day hike or spending a long weekend under the stars, escape to the great outdoors with Moon Best of Grand Canyon. Inside you'll find:
- Easy itineraries for one to three days in Grand Canyon National Park, from a morning bike ride along the South Rim, to a day hike in the inner canyon, to a full weekend exploring the park
- The top hikes in Grand Canyon: Whether you're looking to stretch your legs for a couple hours or challenge yourself to an epic trek, you'll find trailheads, detailed trail descriptions, individual maps, mileage, and elevation gains
- Can't-miss experiences: Make it the perfect getaway for you with the best views, scenic drives, picnic spots, and more. Trek into Havasu Canyon to see stunning waterfalls or drive to viewpoints along Hermit Road. Go on a rafting adventure on the Colorado River and spot wildlife like elk and bighorn sheep
- Stunning full-color photos and maps throughout, plus a full-color foldout map
- Essential planning tips: Find out when to go, where to stay, and what to pack, plus up-to-date information on entrance fees, reservations, and safety advice
- Helpful resources on Covid-19 and visiting the Grand Canyon
- Know-how from Arizona local and Grand Canyon expert Tim Hull
Visiting more of North America's incredible national parks? Try Moon USA National Parks.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
About the Author
A resident of Arizona for more than 40 years, Tim Hull has hiked its trails and driven its backroads from the deserts to the mountains to the wondrous depths of the Grand Canyon. As a news reporter and freelance writer for the past 20 years, Hull has written about the history, politics, environment and culture of Arizona and the Southwest for newspapers, magazines and websites. His family’s roots in the state run deep, beginning in the 1870s when his maternal great-great-grandfather opened a doctor’s office in Prescott, a mountain town in the state’s central pinelands. In his spare time Hull travels the world with his wife and writes fiction. He is also the author of Moon Arizona & the Grand Canyon, Moon Tucson, and Moon Southwest Road Trip.
"Moon handbooks are always a pleasure to read. The writing is crisp, the research impressive, and the recommendations practical and down to earth."—Chicago Tribune
“The books are more easily readable than other guides. The main attractions are also marked with a special icon and sidebars and boxes highlight special information, making the Moon handbooks one of the most user-friendly guides in terms of visual appeal and organization…the quality is uniformly excellent."—Transitions Abroad
"Far from narrow minded, each Moon travel guide gives itinerary options for a variety of travelers’ budgets—from frugal to lavish. They make books catering to those who love the outdoors, those who have limited time, those staying exclusively in cities and those who’ve fully committed to living abroad. In all, they have hundreds of titles, ranging Bermuda to Budapest, that’ll teach you to embrace a new culture."—Gear Patrol, "The Best Travel Guidebooks for Every Journey"
"Moon handbooks have become known as well-written and exceptionally informative guides."—The New York Times
"Moon guides are perfect for the relaxed road tripper or outdoor explorer."—No Small Plan
"Moon handbooks are known for cannily combining logistical information with cultural background of a country or state."—Los Angeles Times