Lonely Planet Mongolia 8 (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Email or call for price
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet's Mongolia is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Visit monasteries for a slice of Buddhist history and whispered mantras; hike through the rugged mountains, serene river valleys and fields of wildflowers in the Mongolian backcountry; and travel by camel across the Gobi Desert in the footsteps of Marco Polo. All with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Mongolia and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Mongolia:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- Covers Ulaanbaatar, Central Mongolia, Northern Mongolia, Eastern Mongolia, The Gobi, Western Mongolia
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Mongolia is our most comprehensive guide to the country, and is designed to immerse you in the culture and help you discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)