The 'America First' Endgame: US Financial Warfare, the Coming Global Reset & the Making of Europe (Paperback)
(This book cannot be returned.)
The 'America First' Endgame argues that we are currently witnessing the 'endgame' of the international system established by the USA in the immediate post-WWII period. It is against this background that the US has enacted a new monetary, fiscal, trade and foreign policy mix, 'America First', which amounts to a coherent and comprehensive financial war primarily directed against China, but also other economic competitors, in a last ditch attempt to position the USA for what comes next.
The book explains the aims and rationale behind current US policies, places them into the broader context of a longstanding US grand strategy, and shows why they will soon trigger the next global financial crisis, which in turn will usher into a comprehensive global debt and currency reset, and a much more regionalised world political, economic and monetary system. While current developments bear significant risks for the European Union and its member states, they also present a unique historic opportunity for Europe to remake itself, and emerge as a clear winner in the new world that is fast emerging.
Some of the key issues and questions that The 'America First' Endgame examines include:
- What aims the US is pursuing with regard to China, and how likely it is to succeed in its efforts;
- How the US has been using recurring cycles of credit easing and tightening as a financial warfare tool;
- The crucial importance of the impending Chinese current account deficit;
- Will current US policies once again preserve the US Dollar's global dominance, or speed up its demise;
- Why quantitative easing will make a final comeback globally before the unravelling of the current system;
- What the Eurozone can learn from how the UK, Japan and the US dealt with their respective banking crises in 1914, 1945 and 2008 respectively;
- Why the next global financial crisis is just around the corner.